"...do I really have to graduate?" _Asher Roth

Jul 22, 2009


I find myself thinking this all the time, but today it hit me hard. Do I really have to graduate, or can I just stay here for the rest of my life? I officially just finished my last summer school class at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (mouthful, I know). It's crazy to think about the fact that I'll be graduating in one more year. And to be perfectly honest, I'm...not ready to go anywhere just yet. With the economy the way it is, I wouldn't mind stickin' around a few more semesters, but the good people over at the Financial Aid Office have other plans. I love college and that's real. Over these past 3 years:

I've witnessed my Tarheels win a National Championship in basketball and rushed Franklin Street afterward. (Which was all kinds of illegal, but we had fun! You can peep the video HERE
!!! LOL!)

I got to see Boyz II Men and Musiq Soulchild in concert, on campus, for free. (I would have went to the Chrisette Michelle and Lupe Fiasco jawns, but I had mad homework.)

I've spent time in the studio straight geekin' with a few of my homeboys. (Did I mention that the studio time is FREE?!)

I've met some of the coolest people ever...people who I definitely see myself keeping in touch with after graduation [que the violins and the "Awwww's" here]

All in all, I've grown and matured "like sh*t", as people from the DMV like to put it.

My momma told me one day to "never rush my life away". And when she told me, it went in one ear and right out the other, but now as I get older, I'm starting to understand where she was coming from. Life goes by entirely too fast, brah. Looking forward to the future is cool and all, but if you get caught lookin' too hard, you might end up missing some of the illest moments happening around you everyday.....

1 comments:

Kiaana08 said...

OMG I have a year left, after being in college for 5 years. I promise the transition from being in college my entire adult years thus far to not having to worry about sitting in class listening to a long boring lecture is going to be really different for me cuz it's what I've known for the longest. I really like your blog a lot and want to follow you. I'm a new blogger and want to follow interesting blogs. If you get a chance can you check out my blog, comment on topics of your choice, and follow me. I would really appreciate it. Here is my site:
http://realtalk7.blogspot.com/

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....