Ryan Leslie, Blitz Album Review

Feb 23, 2009

Ryan Leslie released his debut album entitled "Ryan Leslie" a few weeks ago and I have to admit that I was anticipating this album something serious since my roomate put me on, but it only left me feeling...incomplete.

First of all, he lost points with the whole self-titled bit. I cannot stand when artists don't take the time to give their album an "identity," which gives the buyer an idea of the artist's sense of direction. It has a few bangers on there, but most of the album is not memorable at all.


Anywho, here's the songs I rock to, courtesy of Mr. R-Les.
  • Valentine

  • How It Was Supposed to Be

  • Irina

  • Gibberish (which suprisingly enough, doesn't have any lyrics but remains in heavy rotation on my iPod)

Overall, the album is something that you can study too. It's smooth, calm, and it'll be over before you know it and you won't remember a single tune or lyric (with the exception of the four tracks listed above). I don't think Ryan Leslie has range, or at least he chose not to showcase it on this CD which I consider to be elevator music......a fly elevator, of course.....in a 5 star hotel.

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....