29 Days of Black History, Day 9

Feb 9, 2012


 I interrupt your regularly scheduled Black History Month postings to share with you a video that I saw on Twitter (via @nicolewyche). I wish I could say that at least one thing in this video surprised me but alas....
  • Their breadth and depth knowledge about historical black figures.
  • Their use of "white" and "classy" interchangeably.
  • Their supposed black history month celebrations.
  • Their impressions of black people.
  • Oh, and the icing on the cake: "...but one of my best friends is black".
NONE of it surprises me anymore, g.
Anywho, out of curiosity, what do you do to celebrate black history month? Just something to think about.  See you folks tomorrow. Same place. Same time.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....