LAUGH OF THE WEEK...well, sorta.

Aug 17, 2011

Hi-larious

So, I was originally going to post this as my Laugh of the Week and go on 'bout my bi'ness, but after all the laughs (and tears) subsided, it got me thinking about a real issue.... 

Imagine if I had NEVER been to a Christian church before but was curious to know what all the hooplah was about. So I decide to go to a service one Sunday and end up witnessing exactly what happened in this video...
Frankly, I would NEVER go back to church again. Matta fact, I would buy a copy of Kanye's "Jesus Walks" single and just hope for the best. 

See, sometimes church folk can't seem to fathom why people are so skeptical of religion, even though there are several things obstructing people's view of the cross and the true meaning behind it. Whether it's the Bishop Eddie Long situation, people selling miracles on TV for 19.99, Westboro Baptist Church's picketing of funerals with hateful signs, or just everyday people who claim to be Christians but live a life quite contrary to Christ, people are bombarded with negative images of religion everyday, b. These are legitimate concerns that people have and believers should be well prepared to address them honestly and respectfully.

Just a little som'n to think about.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....