Trey's Top 10 Shoes of 2009

Dec 20, 2009

I was over at Complex the other day and noticed that they were allowing sneaker enthusiast such as Matt Halfhill, Chris Vidal, and DJ Clark Kent to show their Top 10 Best Sneakers of 2009.

Well, I 'on't really know what the best releases were but I do have my Top 10 FAVORITE SHOES of 2009. I can't limit myself to only "sneakers" because there was a pair of boots that came out this year that I COULD NOT leave off my list. So, without further ado, check 'em out!









Nike Bloody Gum

Supra Skytop

Nike Jordan


10. Nike SB Dunk "Bloody Gums"--a mixture of toothpaste and blood, with a transparent sole that looks like the inside of a mouth? In the words of Gucci Mane, "crazy".

9. Air Jordan 1 Pewter--I've been contemplating buying these shoes since they came out on Valentines Day but I have enough eccentric lookin' kicks without clothes to match. All silver outsides, Tropicana insides? STOP IT!

8.... Supra Skytop HUF--I want these for one reason and one reason only--a vulcanized rubber sole just like a pair of Vans. I 'on't skate, but I'll take 2 please.

Peep the rest under the "full post" link!









Nike Air Structure Triax

Air Jordan Space Jam

Jeremy Scott Adidas


7. Nike Structure Triax "Aqua"--these low top running jawns wouldn't TOUCH a track if I had them on. Teal and purple together? In the words of Fabolous, "Niiiiice".

6. Air Jordan 11 "Space Jam"--the hype behind these shoes is pretty redic' and Space Jam with Michael Jordan was one of my favorite movies. Random favorite line: "I feel sooo innnnsignificant".

5. Jeremy Scott x Adidas Originals--one word, "fly". Pun intended.









Cookie Boot

Raging Bull Jordan

Air Griffey


4. Ralph Lauren Ranger aka "The Cookie Boot"--this is the one curve ball that I couldn't help but throw. These boots are sexy. Shoot, I'd wear 'em in the summer with noooo shame.

3. Air Jordan V "Raging Bull" Package--I know what you're thinking. Trey these are two shoes. Well, the only way you could cop one was to buy the other, hence the "package" deal. Wasn't too fond of the red ones at first but they've grown on me enough to make the #3 spot.

2. Air Griffey Max--how many baseball players y'all know can release a sneaker that runs for $150 and flies off the shelves like condoms on Spring Break? Don't worry I'll wait......

Air Yeezy--Black & Pink
1. Nike Air Yeezy--Kanye teamed up with Nike and shut ish down in my opinion! People camped out for days to get their hands on these jawns. Partially because they are hype beasts, but mainly because this shoe is second to none. Unfortunately I wasn't able to cop either of the 3 colorways that were released but I still get on Ebay ery'now and then to try and catch a pair at a reasonable price...new or used. LOL.

And there you have it, folks! As you can see, I'm a Nike fanatic, but it's not the logo I'm after--it's their constancy through and through. What are your favorite shoes of 2009?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raging Bulls.....BEAUTIFUL IN RED! and dude wearin em at the Wale concert just brought them to life....*sigh of happiness*

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....