Contemplation

Dec 22, 2009

Photobucket

So, I have never drank before. Not even a sip. But I've never been on a "holier than thou" tip like it's a badge of honor--to each his own. I don't care what you do, jus' long as you watch my shoes. But in all seriousness, it's always just been a personal goal of mine to stay completely sober for reasons that aren't really pertinent to this blog post, so we gon' leave it at that.

Now that I am older, I've let go of all the presuppositions that I once held about drinking because I realize that everyone doesn't have to drink for the purpose of getting bent. Drinking in moderation can be aight. For example, becoming knowledgeable about different wines can be a great conversation piece or whatnot. Consequently, I'm lightly considering taking a sip of a lil som'n....maybe. But for some reason, I can't get T. Pain "Buy U a Drank" out of my head, which is actually deterring me completely. haha. But, I thought it'd be cool to get y'all opinion, so take my poll, please! It's confidential and all'at good stuff so don'eem try to act scared to take it.


Have you ever drank before?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you’re curious, try it. I never drank before up until about 2 years ago, it was sort of my badge of honor too. Eventually I became curious as to what the big deal was, so I had a few sips of different types of drinks. Well, I found out that alcohol is gross to me, and I can’t stand it. So no more drinks for me.

Anonymous said...

i didn't start drinking until two years ago, but by no means is it a habit. it makes for funny stories and good times if done in moderation. to each his own. responsibility is key.

Marie said...

its really not that serious. if it peaks your curiosity then give it a go. one sip isint gonna turn you into an alcoholic or anything, if thats what youre fearing. if anything, dont drink alone. make sure youre in the presence of folks you can trust cuz since its your 1st time, you never know how you're gonna act under the influence.

Dub said...

thanks y'all

Anonymous said...

Yo if you have gone this long without it then forget about it. Don't worry i'll get my drink on for you! On the real, I admire a person with the fortitude to refrain from what the rest of society is percieves to be the "norm" Merry Christmas! Peace!
Scrilla

Anonymous said...

oops should'a ran a spell check see what I mean. Don't drink and Type!
Scrilla

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....