ACCELERATED READER

Oct 21, 2009

Photobucket
PAUSE on that advertisement on the back of the Detail magazine.
No open-chest, come-hither swag over here at Treyning Day.

So, I'm a magazine fiend. I like Essence, GQ, Complex, Details, Cosmopolitan, Maxim, and Men'sHealth...in no particular order. I'll glance through a KING if I'm havin' one of those days, but for the most part, I try to steer clear from the magazines that are the equivalent of BET--ignorant and poorly ran.

Magazines just do something for me that even blogs can't do. I'll actually take the time to read the article in a mag, but when I'm on a blog site, I'm just stealing checkin' out pictures and writing my own post about 'em, dig me. GQ and Detail provide me with up-to-date high fashion, from a man's perspective. Complex is just the ultimate hip-hop culture mag in my opinion. Maxim always has eye-candy and hilarious comedy. Cosmo has everything you need to know about Love+Sex+Relationships from a woman's perspective and Men's Health helps a negro stay in shape with workout/diet tips. I just can't get enough, so I keep some literature on deck!

What's that one thing that you can't live without?

4 comments:

qubilah shabazz said...

[:

deonna said...

I feel you. I love magazines. I read them from cover to cover (and I feel you on the stealing pictures from blogs thing. lol). Unfortunately, I haven't have the time to sit and read magazines like I want (I haven't even been keeping up with my favorite blogs. =[). But I'm still alive so I can't count that.

This is a hard question. I can't live without my little notepad and pen. I bought it not too long agao but now I carry it everywhere. And I right everything from grocery list, homework, random thoughts and ideas for events to put on this year. It's like my life and everything that needs to be done in a nutshell. BUT, I also need my ipod to survive, I think when everything around me is crazy... I just put on my headphones and tune it all out. My notebook is often telling me ALL of the things I need to do. I'll go with my ipod.

-D

p.s. sorry for all the rambling. lol :)

Dub said...

haha, no, I feel you on the ipod thing. A lot of people text me like: "trey i saw you on campus and you went right past me and didnt speak"
...sometimes i want to send a "so" reply, because i know they saw me with headphones on. lol.

and without my sticky notes, id forget what i need to do everyday

lovelylavendar said...

i would have to agree with the Ipod. Its the only way i can really tune out all the chaos around me in the big city. as far as organization goes...i cant go anywhere without my blackberry. if i dont have it, i wont know what my schedule is lol

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....