New Artist Spotlight

Apr 14, 2009


Man, I got homework out the gate, but if I didn't make a post about this young woman then I would be doing an injustice to all the music heads out there. I heard about her a few weeks ago, but I saw someone post a link of her song on Facebook recently so I thought it'd be the perfect time to let the cat out of the box, or bag, or whatever you keep cats in. Annnywho, this artist spotlight is on Melanie Fiona. She was raised in Toronto, and brought up in a Guyenese household to immigrant parents, and she was influenced by a lot of traditional West Indian music.

Her album-in-the-works is called The Bridge, and you can cop her single "Give it to me right" on Amazon.com right now. In response to her new album, Fiona states that "it encompasses a lot of genres of music and crosses the barriers between ethnicities, genres, age groups, and genders". I can dig that.

I can't tell you how much I like her music. I don't know what in the world she has on in the picture above but don't count her out because of that...LISTEN TO HER MUSIC. You can check out the MySpace here.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....