Forever in a Day, Album Review

Apr 12, 2009


So, Day 26's new album comes out in 2 days, but [somehow] I have the steel-o on the album now. Let's not judge, please. First and foremost, I would have to rate the album a 3.0 out of 5 stars, or mics, or job applications (judging from the drama on the show recently, they all may not have a job soon). Anywho...don't be mislead by the low rating, because I enjoy the album but I guess my hopes were a tad high and it failed to meet my expectations.

Stand out tracks:

  • "Imma put it on her" (feat. Diddy and Joc)
  • "Shawty Wats Up" (feat. T-Pain)--they all use the autotune on this one, of course. It's a different vibe, but its something to ride out to.
  • "Stadium Music"--guitar/rock track. Very different, but does not sound gimmicky though.
  • "Bi-Polar"--my favorite track on the CD because of the use of the piano and the overall melody.
  • "So Good"
  • "High Heels"
*Okay, so when I was making the standout track list, I realized that there were about 8 out of the 15 songs that I could potentially put on the list. Therefore, I would rate the CD a 3.5 out of 5 stars. Nothing more nothing less...sorry for the confusion!

Throw-aways:
  • Just getting started
  • Think of Me
  • Need that (Feat. Jermaine Dupri)--old school/dance feel to it, so some of you may like it
All in all, I think the fellas stayed true to themselves. Not TOO much experimentation going on, people trying to rock out, or rap, or whatnot. In comparison to the first album, I would say the advantage goes to their debut joint. Go cop that April 14th and decide for yourself what's good and what's not.

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....