Algebra Blessett

Mar 3, 2009


So I have been rockin' with this Atlanta, GA native for a while now, when I am in the mood for it, LOL. She is really underground, but I think she may have gotten signed recently to a little label somewhere, which would explain why her music videos look so low budget. Poor child. Anywho, she has a contemporary soul sound to her (a la Erykah Badu, India Arie). I like her a lot because she plays an instrument and that is always a plus! She actually taught herself to play the guitar and performs at a lot of open mics in the Atlanta area..

Some of her good songs include, "My Pride" which is produced by Bryan-Michael Cox (who works with Day 26 on a LOT of stuff), "Run and Hide" which has a really different sound to it, and her cover of Nina Simone's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (my personal fav').

Check out the link below of her performing her song "What Happened" live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoAUCnh4Cio

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....