"...I'm good to get that ink on my bicep." _Chuck, Cool Kids

Feb 6, 2009
















Seeing someone with a tattoo nowadays has become second-nature. I actually got my first tattoo in the 11th grade and I finished it freshman year of college. I always knew that I wanted to get one and ONLY one, although it's crazy addicting. People get all types of tattoos, anything from stars on their neck to phrases on their wrists. I got praying hands with the letters "P.U.S.H." (pray until something happens) underneath and it means a lot to me. I don't think I'll get tired of it like a lot of people say, nor do I regret getting it.

A lot of people avoid getting tattoos for religious reasons ("Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:28) but the sole purpose in my decision to get a tattoo was based on faith so I think a lot of people take that scripture out of context, seeing as though it was referring to pagan rituals. Besides, if you look in verse 27 of Leviticus it says, "Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards." So, is this saying it is a sin to get a haircut? Oh, Ok. Well, it's all a matter of personal preference if you ask me and without looking at the scriptures surrounding any particular Bible verse, you could misinterpret it completely.

What's your perception of tattoos? Are they good, bad? Do you have one? And if so, what does it mean to you?

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....