"If chivalry is dead, y'all killed it"

Feb 6, 2009


My girlfriend and I had a conversation about chivalry today, and it got a little heated. She seems to think that chivalry is dead and gone. I argued from a stance that random acts of kindness seem to go unnoticed. For instance, opening doors or waiting to let a woman proceed ahead of you in line is no longer greeted with a thank you, or not even a smile. Some women would rather shoot you the “that’s what you’re supposed to do” look or some don’t even acknowledge the fact that you did anything at all…although they’ll go out of their way to make it known when you DON’T do anything. Now, I don’t fully disagree with the fact that chivalry is dead…I’ll say it is on life support…but if it is dead, it isn’t because men are lazy or any of that jazzz, it’s because y’all killed it with that ungratefulness. So there.

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....