- Be honest about the injustices done on behalf of the privileged body, or bodies, that you belong to. Denial is flat-out dishonest and it completely discredits the experiences and feelings of those on the receiving end of the injustices.
- Realize that no matter what body you identify with, it has been exploited or manipulated by unjust people and structures--"man's inhumanity to man."
- Don't allow corrupt people to high-jack and redefine your narrative. Speak out against it boldly. More importantly, let your actions serve as a counter example to their personal agendas. "Lighthouses blow no horns; they only shine."
- Recognize (and, really, don't waste time in defense of) sweeping generalizations and association fallacies against the body that you identify with. The failure of Christian believers to adequately follow the teachings of Jesus is not a sufficient condition to dismiss the veracity of the core beliefs of Christianity. There are a wide variety of groups associated with Christianity (e.g., conservative republicans whose policies have been conflated with Christian doctrine -- refer back to #2). These individuals and their actions do not speak for you.
- Choose happiness. There is no shortage of armchair revolutionaries and perpetual soapboxers on "upper-echelon Twitter". People who are, by and large, disinterested in fruitful, civil discourse and would rather alley-oop your tweets to their followers, and then engage in a game of "Let's See Who Can Get The Most Retweets Validating Their Argument." Unfollow. Block. Report as Spam.
Air Jordan 11 Low “Barons” Release This Saturday
2 hours ago