"In 2010 the holiday was conceived and promoted by American Express via a nationwide radio and television advertising campaign.Below is a list of some of the coolest small businesses that I've either had an opportunity to support personally, or seen rave reviews from someone who has benefited from these products/services. The best part about #SBS? You can patronize many small businesses without ever leaving the comfort of your duvet, cuh.
The Twitter hashtag #SmallBusinessSaturday...was used to promote small businesses on any Saturday (not solely that Saturday between Black Friday and Cyber Monday)...in a manner similar to #FollowFriday to highlight favorite local businesses." (source)
- Mila & Fire Vintage - From the owners: "We only buy things we would wear...threads that exude an energy of individualism, style, & sex." Vintage styles for both women and men!
- CrochetingLadybug - Handmade crocheting items!
- BrittanyMadison Jewelry- handmade, one of a kind statement pieces!
- TheKnottery - My absolute FAVORITE shop for neckties, oxford laces, and watch straps!
- Sugar Euphoria - Cupcakes 2.0, the menu really speaks for itself! (I'm getting a special, maple and bacon cupcake for my birthday in 2 weeks, if that's any indication...)
- Fresh Manna - Kelz swears by this place, apparently they have the best breakfast in the Triad area!
- Dame's Chicken and Waffles - new Greensboro, NC location just opened! Get into it!
- Fab Body Factory - a Maryland-based health and fitness "factory" specializing in group cardio/strength trainings!
- WhippedProducts - handmade body, hair, facial & scalp butters!
- Kelli Cheatham Zumba - sharing the joys and benefits of Zumba with the Raleigh/Durham/Knightdale area!
- Lauren Cowart Photography - This amazing photographer is responsible for the image used in my blog header! Weddings, portraits, commercial, fashion, you name it!
- K Dream Effects - full service event planning based in Charlotte, NC!