"I feel ashamed cause the good Lord done brought all this success to me, and all I seem to focus on is all this stress on me." - J. Cole

Jul 23, 2011

So, a couple of weeks ago my car was broken into and my entire CD collection was stolen, among other things. I just cannot get over it. I gotta chill with the sulking though...niggas could have taken my entire car.

Anywho, I'm in the process of rebuilding my musical repertoire. People collect many different things for many different reasons. I happen to buy music, mainly because I think the quality sounds so much better and the car is my own little sanctuary when I'm riding out alone. My girlfriend's mom was kind enough to give me a gift card to help with the process and I went and copped my first 5 CDs:

Photobucket
(L to R) The Carter II, Deeper Than Rap, 
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, 
The College Dropout, Victory (Live)

Trying to start with the old and work my way up. I've listened to the top 3 CDs so much it was practically a no-brainer that they'd be some of the first to get. Next on the list: Al Green's Greatest Hits (having the hardest time finding it in stores) and Watch the Throne (no explanation needed).

Do you all collect anything? If so, what and why?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....