Fix my plate for me, please.

Jul 4, 2011

Photobucket
What men are actually asking for.

Photobucket
What women picture in their minds.

So, I prefer my lady to fix my plate.

Yes, my limbs work fine. No, I am not lazy. Yes, I am grown and fully capable of taking care of  myself. And no, I do not think it is a woman's duty to wait on her man hand and foot.

Simply put, there is no greater feeling than chillin' in a La-Z-Boy recliner and having dinner served to me, ESPECIALLY while the game is on. It is the quintessential King of the Household experience for men and peep this...It's FREE.99!

Are men really asking too much? Is it the 10 extra calories expended fixing your man's plate after fixing your own? Is it the extra minute spent fixing two servings of ham instead of one? Can't be.

So exactly what is it other than your pride? Why does a simple gesture have to turn into a discussion about gender-based inequalities? When men prefer women to do anything that falls under the "Housewife" umbrella, it is seen as degrading. Sexist even. The contemporary woman thinks men should not expect them to do the same things old-fashioned women took pride in doing because times have changed.

Which, to a degree, is cool....cool until those same women start expecting chivalrous things from men simply because they are women. What part of the game is that?

Carry your heavy stuff? You're capable, just make two trips. Kill bugs for you? You're bigger than that bug is, handle that. Open the door? Not if you got to it first. Give up my seat? My legs get tired, too. Pay on the first date? We BOTH don't want to go home alone tonight, so I don't think it's fair for me to be the only one shelling out coins. 

Women prefer expect men to do numerous things. So to say that we are being unreasonable with this very small request is a double standard of the highest degree. What say you my good people? Is it unreasonable for men to want women to fix their plates?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....