I ran my first 5k!

May 22, 2011

Photobucket

As of Saturday, I can go ahead and mark "run a 5k" off my bucket list! I feel so accomplished now. Plus I haven't competed in anything for over 4 years now, so I finally was able to scratch that itch.

Photobucket

I ran as a sponsor with my girlfriend's little sister, who won a trophy for coming in 1st Place in her age group! I ain'eem gon' lie, tryin' to keep up with her was like chasing someone on a bike, g. Her pace never slowed ONCE, in spite of all those hills we had to run up and down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I ran a time of 24:09, coming in 39 out of 395 people and 5th in the 19-29 age group! The guy who came in 1st overall was an  ex US Track & Field athlete (and he was 50 years old!). But people of all ages, shapes, sizes, and athletic backgrounds were out there having fun and participating.  It was MAD fun and I encourage all of you to give it a try one day!

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....