28 Days of American History

Feb 7, 2010

Photobucket

I'd like to refer to this man, Paul Robeson, as the "Superman of American history". He was versatile in so many ways, and I actually had the opportunity to go to an art gallery commemorating his legacy. And needless to say, it was really inspiring.

Born April 1898, Robeson was a "internationally renowned American bass-baritone concert singer, scholar, actor of film and stage, All-American and professional athlete, writer, multi-lingual orator and lawyer". (Think about that! He mastered music, acting, writing, public speaking, played professional football, AND graduated from Columbia law?! That's STUPID to me. Who does all of that besides Clark Kent?) Not to mention, Robeson was the son of a runaway slave.

Peep the video, I'm sure it would do more justice than I:

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....