Holding Grudges

Jun 15, 2009



Everyone has their faults. By far, the issue that I have to work on is harpin' on the past. Some people take everything with a grain of salt, but I don't play that. At all. I just cannot stand when people act like there isn't supposed to be consequences for their actions.

The situation that I've been dealing with lately is forgiving my dad for never being there for me and my little brother when we were growing up. A lot of people downplay the whole single-parent thing because it is so common, but I think it is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to deal with, low key.

Anyway, he has been slowly trying to creep back into my life and although it is something that I've been wanting for a minute (I think), I find myself sayin', "This kneegrow is going to have to earn his keep". I know the Bible says that we are supposed to honor our fathers, but that's so much easier said than done when your father was never anything more than a thought.

Anywho, what's your fault? And how do you find yourself dealing with it?

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....