What constitutes hotness?

May 21, 2009



I did not post this video because I thought it was good, so much as I did to discuss a question that I have. Soooo, a lot of people are talking about the fact that they don't like this video. It resembles single ladies, etc. etc. I personally don't care for Beyonce for several reasons but mainly because I think that when people get TOO famous, they begin acting crazy (i.e. alter egos named Sasha Fierce, etc.). Anywho, I was just wondering, what makes something HOT though?

People can say that they don't like this video all they want, but it will soon be a staple on 106th and Park. It will be posted on every major blog site by next week. And before you know it, there will be YouTube renditions of her dance flooding the internet (assuming that there isn't already). Call it what you want, but I think that a buzz like that makes you hot by default. Right? I guess this is what people refer to when they say, "you don't have to love it, but you definitely have to respect it".

Chea.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I'll put it out there I am a Beyonce fan. I can't really get tired of her, because I enjoy hearing her music, and watching her perform, she's talented.

But I'm not so engulfed in her that I can't recognize her flaws. It's clearly evident that she is keeping a consistent theme in her videos for her songs off of I Am...Sasha Fierce album. All of them have been in black and white. And pretty much simplistic. I appreciate the pureness of videos like Halo, because it seems so relatable. And then Single Ladies, and Diva feel like dance tutorials. And for all those ppl that idolize her dancing style these videos are for them, so they can pick up every single move. So don't hate if she isn't catering to you right now.

And the alter ego thing...I think all celebrities have them. It's the person they were before they were famous vs. the person they are now with the fame. Ie: TI vs. TIP, Mary J. Blidge and Whatever that rap name of hers was. Jay-z vs. Sean Carter. They have these alter egos because underneath they are all extra regular people, with a talent that has made them a lot of money.

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....