Leisure Reading!

Mar 2, 2009


Honestly, reading the Bible used to seem so frivolous to me because I never could really interpret what was going on, but I received a parallel Bible that helps me understand things a lot better so now I can actually take something from it when I read. It’s a lot of good stories in the Bible, it’s like a movie experience….but slower (depending on how fast you read, lol).

Anyway, Matthew is my favorite book of the Bible, mainly in part, because I don’t know a whole lot about the Bible at this point. I guess when I saturate myself in the word, that may change…but I’ve been reading from the book of Matthew recently, thus it is my favorite now. (Don’t judge me.)


Here is what I learned about the book of Matthew in church a while back:

The book of Matthew is one of the four Gospels, which are basically interpretations of Jesus’ life from different angles. In this particular gospel, it shows Jesus as the King of the Jews...


And here are a few notable scriptures, to me, from the book of Matthew:

-Matthew 16:26, “What good will it be for you to gain the whole world, yet forfeit your soul?”

-Matthew 7:13, “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

-Matthew 7:26, “But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.”

-Matthew 5:1-11 The Beatitudes, which are basically values that Christians should live by.

….hope you gained soooomething from this post. Hopefully, a useful scripture that you can apply to a real-world situation. But if not, at least take from it the idea of reading in your spare time...it's a lot out there to read!!!

0 comments:

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....