Mixed Emotions

Jan 30, 2009


You would have to be living under a rock to not know that January 20, 2009 was one of the most momentous movements, ever! Barack Obama took the oath of office on the steps of the United States Capitol, capping off a beautifully ran campaign and etching his name into the history books as this nation's first black president.

Following the inaugaration, feelings of joy from numerous people were met with feelings of contempt from others. Personally, I could not fully enjoy the moment due some of the responses that I heard....so, I did what a lot of people do when they are uneasy...I wrote:

If MLK was alive today, what would he say?
Probably bow his head in dismay and utter “Please, let us pray”

Maybe, I’m making something out of nothing and probably shouldn’t let it get to me.
But when I hear “MY" president is black, it flat-out just sickens me…a conscious display of a racial exclusivity.
In no way, shape, or form is this a demonstration of pride. Just a subtle addition…to a racial divide...multiplied by hateful “McCain-iacs” who can’t put their ignorance aside.

The greatest moment in AMERICAN history,
Overshadowed by racism and senseless bigotry...

If you ask me, it is 8 years too late…but even I can’t say that 1/20/01 was a date that I hate?! I just accept it as fate…Bush’s term giving way to something this great.

And I hear some utter “THIS is the beginning of the end.”
After 9/11…Katrina…and a War on Terror, I ask you my friend, where the heck have YOU been?

A large subset of people in this country who feel that they are losing everything they know, that the country their “forefathers built” has been swiped from below. Well, for all of you disbelievers, to you I bestow:

“This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said it!

 
Don't watch me, w-w-watch my feet....